2. It is a fine mark of manliness.
3. It proves I have self control.
4. It indicates how clearly my mind operates.
5. It makes my conversation so pleasing to everybody.
6. It leaves no doubt in anyone's mind as to my good breeding.
7. It impresses people that I have more than ordinary education.
8. It is and unmistakable sign or culture and refinement.
9. It makes me a very desirable personality among women and children and in respectable society.
10. It is my way of honoring God who said, "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain."
Sure. Like beating your wife, robbing banks or poisoning babies.
Tell that to the judge the next time you're arrested for speeding! Explain to him, "It's just a habit with me." Try coming in to work drunk for a month. Remind your boss that, "I don't mean anything by it. It's just a habit with me."
If you can't kid the judge; if you can't fool your boss; how do you think you can fool God? - It is written, "Swear not at all". (Matt. 5:34). God says, "Be not decieved, God is not mocked." (Gal. 6:7) "The Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain". (Ex.20:7)
Ask God to forgive you for you wickedness. Open your heart to the Son of God. Accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord. Ask Him to cleanse you, to save your soul, and make you a real Christian. Read your Bible daily and urge others to give their hearts to Christ. Write and tell us of your decision. We will send you a Gospel of John, free.
The Conversion Center Drawer V Havertown, Penn 19083